- Current release: Quickstart 2.0-alpha1 (32 bit)
- ...or Quickstart 1.0: i386 (32-bit) / amd64 (64-bit)
Users of Quickstart 1.0 can update Drush to the latest version here.
Quickstart is seeking a new maintainer. If you're interested, please email me through my contact form. Thanks!
- Download Quickstart Which version?
- Install Virtualbox (version 4.0.4+)
- Import Quickstart virtual machine (.ova file) into Virtualbox:
- Start Virtualbox
- File -> Import Appliance -> Choose file... -> (select the downloaded ova file)
- Set RAM to 50% of your system ram. (min 1024mb, max 2048mb)
- Import -> (wait for import to finish)
- (Error? FAQ)
- Start the new machine from the list
- Start developing! Passwords:
- Unix = quickstart:quickstart
- MySQL = root:quickstart
- Drupal = admin:admin
- Howto and install videos
- Support for Drupal 7 and Drupal 6
- Ubuntu Linux, Apache, MySQL, APC, XDebug, IMAP, UploadProgress
- Firefox (with developer plugins) and Chrome
- Drush, drush make, and custom drush commands
- Install scripts for: Apache Solr, Aegir, Hudson, and Oracle
- Netbeans and Eclipse, configured with XDebug
- XHProf and Webgrind profilers. Emails logged as files
- cvs, subversion, git, bazaar
Thanks to OSUOSL (Oregon State Universities Open Source Lab) for hosting the project downloads! Thanks to Killes, Jeff_S, and Lance for making it happen and to Michelle and Sil Kogelman for helping with the process.