This module brings the possibility to create forms which let users reserve things you define using CCK.
You know it from reservating seats at the cinemas, or when going out for dinner.
It was developed for reservating seats at a local theater.
Description for Drupal 6
Instead of bringing a new content type like in D5, the D6 version uses CCK
to build a reservation content type.
Reservation uses the CCK Inputs modules to build a webform for your visitors.
It processes and stores a set of predefined fields on submit.
So far these fields are:
optional date for reservation time span.
Make sure to read the readme!
The D6 version is still in development!
- node_api for delete nodes
- wait for content_multigroup.module to add i.e. a checkbox and a description field together as a pair
- views integration for management of reservations
What this module is meant to be
This module works on a "per event" basis like a theater performance where you need to reserve your seats. That means, it does not support time slots like renting a car for a day or similar things. The Airplane Reservation System works time based.
Description for Drupal 5
This module brings a new content type "reservation".
The module enables users to place their reservation online in 3 steps:
- They choose their seats at preferred tables.
- They enter personal data and email for confirmation.
- They control their input data and submit the reservation.
- an email is sent to the user, to have something in hand at the show ;)
- a user with right user privileges can list all reservations or print them out (i.e. for the cash point)
- if enabled, visitors can pay for their reservation using PayPal after submitting it. This is an optional step, as this module is not an online shop.
The following new fields are provided while generating a new node:
- Add X tables with Y seats per table, each
- Add X chair rows with Y seats per row, each
- Add a normal price per seat
- Add a reduced price per seat
- Add start/end date for the reservation-time span
- Add config for currency
The module can be used stand alone. There are no dependencies.
If you'd like to provide the possibility to let visitors pay for their reservation right away using PayPal, you'll need lm_paypal module.
You are free to use this module in any way. Let me show two examples:
- The content type can be used as any other content type as a stand alone thing. The form offers the usual node-body to write some text. The fields needed for the content-type are added while viewing the node.
- With CCK-node reference provided by cck, you can build more complex node types which separate presentation from the business stuff:
Here is how I use it:
- build a new content-type
- add any cck-fields needed (date, image, whatever)
- add a node reference for content type reservation.
I think there are many other ways how this content type can be used.
Originally developed for Fisimatenten