This module allows you to bind a node type to an Ubercart product, as typically required in event registration sites and alike.
Binding a node type to a product has two effects:
- When a user creates a node of that type, the specified product is added to the shopping cart with a node reference to the newly created node.
- When a user buys a product with a bound node, an extra step is inserted into the checkout process requiring creation of a node of the bound type.
Options in the module allow you to turn links in the shopping cart into edit links for the node, display a summary of the node details in the shopping cart and on the order screens, and hide CCK fields on the node type from users who don't have the "edit content" permission. This makes the module an ideal candidate for registration site and customizable product sites that contain additional fields only administrators should have access to when processing the orders.
This module is currently not compatible with product kits.
Documentation is available at http://drupal.org/node/339060.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Commerce/Advertising, Content, Content Construction Kit (CCK), E-commerce
- Reported installs: 945 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 16,290
- Last modified: May 11, 2012