The "Yandex maps" module shows locative data using the Yandex maps API (http://api.yandex.ru/maps/).
Yandex maps are the good Google Maps alternative for Russia and other eastern Europe countries.
This module utilizes it's API and the main features are:
- shows node locations in the blocks (using the data from location module);
- shows tracks in the blocks (using the track module data);
- provides tools for drawing tracks in conjunction with track module;
- client-side geocoding and manual positioning of the marker, while editing location;
- provides a views style for displaying locations and tracks.
Also with the taxonomy image module it is possible to make a custom markers associated with taxonomy term.