Do you like grid systems? How about rapid prototyping? Do you believe in mobile first? Then this theme is for you! Foundation is made by ZURB. This theme implements the Foundation framework for Drupal.
From the Zurb Foundation homepage:
An easy to use, powerful, and flexible framework for building prototypes and production code on any kind of device.
Mockups don't tell a story. Build a prototype in no time.
See Zurb Foundation in the wild.
Read the Zurb Foundation Docs
In order to use this theme effectively, it may help if you learn how to use Zurb Foundation's built in classes and components:
- Learn how to use the Foundation framework.
- See the kitchen sink! See all of Zurb Foundation 4's components on one page
- Drupal Zurb Foundation documentation can be found at http://drupal.org/node/1948260. It's currently a work in progress..
- Or if you'd like try the online walk-through: tryfoundation.io/learn
- You can also watch this video that provides you an introduction on prototyping to to live site with Zurb Foundation
Foundation 4 Requirements
- PHP 5.3 or later
- jQuery Update 1.7+ (4.x) OR 1.10/2.0 (5.x).
- 8.x-4.x, 7.x-4.x: Zurb Foundation 4.x gem
Foundation 5 Requirements
- PHP 5.3 or later
- jQuery Update running 1.10.
- Foundation 1.0.3 gem or higher
- Node.js & Grunt.js - for rapid development. You may still use app.css if you wish.
Foundation implements a handful of plugins to facilitate fancy UIs like Orbit slideshows, Section dropdowns for navigation or tabbed content, and responsive lightbox galleries.
Selecting a Zurb Foundation Version (4.x tested)
- 8.x-4.x: Is the upcoming twig port of the 7.x-4.x Branch for Drupal 8. Currently in heavy development and the currently the least stable branch. Please hold off on filing bug issues.
- 7.x-5.x: Utilizes Foundation 5. Currently in development.
- 7.x-4.x: Utilizes Foundation 4. Currently, the latest stable version.
- 7.x-3.x: Utilizes Foundation 3. Final stable release - no development is occurring in this branch.
- Best way to use Foundation elements
- Add Grid to block items
- Status messages in Modal
- Output Foundation Navbar
- CKEditor rendering issues
- 4.x: The theme requires jQuery 1.7+ with jQuery Update.
- 5.x: The theme requires jQuery 1.10+ with jQuery Update.
Using bundler for different gem versions
If you're using SASS this note is for you. If you're not you're all set the css is baked into the theme.
If you do not want to use Ruby/Compass, the 5.x branch introduces Grunt.js as a way to compile SCSS files automatically, among other things - only requirement is having NodeJS.
- Try IRC! There's an unofficial #zurb-foundation channel on freenode. Come idle! Not everyone here is part of the drupal community but will do their best to help you with your Zurb Foundation questions!
- Zurb Foundation Google Group