Only the modules, themes and libraries located in 'sites/all' are updated. Modules, themes and libraries located in an individual website's directory are not updated. This is to allow site maintainers to have their own version of a module if they need a specific version for things to work.
We like stable modules. If a module has a higher major version which is still in dev, alpha, beta or rc, we wait until a stable version is released before using it. On the other side, to follow their development, we maintain minor versions like dev, alpha, beta and rc if there is no stable release yet.
- We update from 7.x-2.0-alpha1 to 7.x-2.0-alpha2.
- We do not update from 7.x-1.0 to 7.x-2.0-alpha1.
- We update from 7.x-1.0 to 7.x-2.0.
We may still decide to do otherwise to correct an important bug or to use new features.
- Update your local git repository:
- Verify the Koumbit Platforms (kplatforms) project issue queue to see if there is any modification to do for this release.
- Verify all the sentinel websites and their 'Available updates' page.
- Gather information and read the release notes.
- For each supported Drupal version, verify and, if need be, update all inclusions in the makefiles:
- Make sure the patch(es) to the cores still work and rebuild them if needed:
- For each branch, verify and update all modules, themes, libraries, profiles, features and patches that need updating in all the makefiles.
- Update the script kplatforms.sh as necessary.
- Update documentation as necessary:
- Send your changes to the central git repository:
- Tag a new release for this project:
git tag 8.x-1.0
git push -u origin 8.x-1.0
- Create a project release.
- Build the Debian package using the Jenkins server: