BigDaddy is not a ready-made theme but a well structured basis for theme developers. It will facilitate theme development and give an optimal start to have a clean rendered HTML and CSS output fully Web standards compliant. It as recently been updated with new SMACSS method.
Unlike a base theme or starter theme, BigDaddy offers an excellent starting point so that you can modify and customize it directly from the source code to suit your project. All that for a better control of your work environment and to increases your load performance.
Everything is well commented and structured to get first-time users up to speed quickly.
What are the main features?
- HTML5 Ready
- SMACSS method integration
- All CSS declarations working on the box-model box-sizing: border-box.
Much better when working on responsive webdesign
- Display Viewport: show the current viewport window size. Useful for responsive webdesign
- Grid system: work with your own grid system generated through gridulator.com and display it during the development of your website.
- Prototyping tool: edit the content directly in the browser to test your typography rules
- HTML5 forms: add the placeholder attribute in all your webform inputs using the label value
- Better Login/register form: check the page
- Lots of comments and functions to help you in your development
Last News - January 2013
- Applyed the SMACSS method through all the stylesheets (name convention, rules,…)
- Added a new theme setting
- Changed the box-model for all the CSS declarations
- Removed 3 regions (highlighted, feature and help)
- Big optimization for the print version
- Optimized the login/register form
- Integrate SASS integration by default
- Rename classes so it will follow the name convention for subcomponents and subclasses (SMACSS method)
Some modules that I recommend
No more support for Drupal 6