Screencasts / Blog posts
- ELMS Style Library(10/16/13)
- ELMS LN: state of the Screencast (9/16/13)
- Using Drupal to Transform Education
- Learning Tools Interoperability in Drupal! (and why you should care) - Detailed walkthrough of how these system are all working together
- Getting out of the LMS - Diagrams and philosophy posting about the nature of extending the LMS to get out of it.
- All posts tagged "CIS" on drupal.psu.edu
This distribution assembles a base line of modules, themes, libraries and tools for the creation and management of a course information system in Drupal.
- Data visualization tools provided by Google Chart Tools
- Data import provided by Feeds
- User management tools for distributing the course creation and setup process
- Ability to manage and create remote drupal sites of different distribution types (see http://pastebin.com/YHAj7dN1 for file pattern example)
- Ability to connect to and manage LTI requests for creation of consistent data as to who requested what, as well as passing students to the correct system based on the request
- Ability to extend the traditional 1-tool LMS into a suite of tools, drupal based (or non if you really know what your doing) ecosystem. ELMS: CIS is the bridge for building a larger, interconnected, data driven systems
ELMS Learning Network Distributions
The following distributions use a helper module called CIS Connector to help bridge communications by treating all courses as RESTful web services. These are distributions being developer to form the learning network.
- Ulmus Distribution (base distribution)
- ELMS: MOOC Distribution
- ELMS: CLE Distribution
- ELMS: ICOR Distribution
- ELMS: LAR Distribution
- ELMS: Media
The end product of running all tools is the elimination of the tradition silo'ed LMS. By fragmenting and specializing toolsets across a vast sea of drupal distributions, each course having it's own drupal site, we maximize flexibility in server architecture and database implementation.