Part of the Debut features set, Debut Social integrates some of the most commonly needed social media functionality including social links and email a page to a friend.
Like all Debut features, Debut Social can be integrated either as a stand-alone feature to quickly add event functionality to any Drupal site or as part of a Drupal distribution. Debut Social is used in the Open Outreach Drupal distribution aimed at nonprofits.
You have three options for installing Debut Social:
- Install Apps and the Debut Apps connector module and install Debut Social as an app. The apps system utilized by Debut Apps uses the same installation mechanism as the Update module in core. Apps will download all the required modules, making it an easy way to install Debut Social.
- Debut Social is used in the Open Outreach Drupal distribution aimed at nonprofits, so you can install it as part of Open Outreach.
- Install manually along with the dependencies listed below.
- Social links to post content to social media sites using the Service Links module.
- Links to follow an organization and individual members on social media sites using Follow
- Email this page functionality using Forward.
- User permissions.
- Apps compatible
- Captcha, for spam handling.
- Service Links
Debut Social includes a .make file that can be used with Drush Make to build a site with Debut Social and all its dependencies. To build a site with the current development version of Debut Social, include the following line in your .make file:
includes[debut_social] = "http://drupalcode.org/project/debut_social.git/blob_plain/refs/heads/7.x-1.x:/debut_social.make.inc"
Initial development sponsored by Chocolate Lily.