Fusion is a powerful base theme, with layout and style configuration options built in that you can control through Drupal's UI. It's based on a simplified 960px or fluid 12/16-column grid with options for responsive layouts for mobile devices. It's designed to be used with the Fusion Accelerator module (or with Skinr in Drupal 6), with numerous useful block styles included.
Don't theme yourself into a corner. Our goal is to make Fusion the clear, simple, and supported option for creating advanced Drupal themes.
- Your layout is completely taken care of with lots of regions and cross-browser compliant configuration of layout through the GUI -- set block width, alignment, and position with a few clicks!
- Includes commented "starter" subtheme for easy CSS theming
- Includes theme settings for fonts, page width, sidebar widths and layout, sub-styles, and developer options
- Default block styles mean you don't have to re-code the same common features for menus, lists, footers, callout text, etc.
- Also includes plenty of helper classes for easier theming
Watch a quick overview of some of the theme settings and styling available in Fusion:
If you want to use the block styles for configuring the layout (and you do!), the following module(s) are required:
- Unpack and upload as usual within your site's themes folder (usually sites/all/themes). You'll see three themes in the Fusion folder -- Fusion Core (the base theme), Fusion Starter (a commented starter theme for creating your own subthemes), and Fusion Starter Lite
- If you want to try out Fusion as a base theme, enable and set Fusion Starter or Fusion Starter Lite as your default theme (which one should I use?)
- Download and enable the Skinr module, set permissions if you're not uid 1
- You can control many settings on Fusion Starter's theme settings page: example.com/admin/build/themes/settings/fusion_starter. Settings include menus, fixed vs fluid page width, sidebar widths, typography, breadcrumbs, search results, and administrator/developer helper features
- Superfish dropdown menus can be enabled by selecting "Expanded" next to the parent menu item in your menu configuration
- Go to your Blocks page at example.com/admin/build/block and place blocks into regions as desired, save your settings. See diagram of Fusion Core's collapsible regions
- When hovering your cursor over blocks, a gear icon will appear -- you can use this to get to the block configuration page for that specific block
- On each block's configuration page, a "Skinr" section will appear, where you can set block styles
- Use these width and positioning options for blocks to configure your layout
- Use the style options to set up different visual styles for different blocks, and configure the layout
- Enable responsive layouts for various devices such as desktop browsers, tablets (portrait or landscape) and smartphones with the help of Fusion Accelerator. Documentation for these new features is ongoing, follow this thread for more details: http://drupal.org/node/1496432
Fusion themes available
Sites running Fusion
More Fusion-powered sites
Fusion showcase forum -- post your site here!
In your words...
"Just letting you know that I've used Fusion with great success. I found this by far, the easiest subtheme to work with."
- Mike Serafin
"I started two new Ubercart web sites today and switched from Zen to Fusion. I usually need a whole day to customize the basic elements of Zen Starter Theme, but with Fusion, everything is easier and faster!"
- George Papadongonas
"Developing with the Fusion framework has cut our theme development and preplanning time by over 60%. It makes the 'what-ifs' with clients much easier to demonstrate, and much more realistic than mockups."
- Brent Ratliff