This is a collection of modules to extend Drupal core multilingual capabilities and be able to build real life multilingual sites. Some features:
- Taxonomy translation (both, per language terms and translatable terms)
- Multilingual variables
- Multilingual blocks (control visibility per language and translate title and content)
- Language selection (when you switch the site language you'll see only the content for that language)
- Requires Variable module 2.x (Drupal 7)
Read a complete feature overview in the Internationalization handbook: Building multilingual sites .
Drupal 7 upgrade
- Internationalization Views, translate some Views properties (new project for i18nviews module)
- Language Icons, will add icons to language links for nodes and blocks.
- Translation Overview, to have a comprehensive view of your content translation status.
- Localization Client, will allow on screen translation for user defined strings
- Internationalization contributions, miscelaneous modules to add features or support for other modules.
Full list of contributed modules for Drupal 7.x that extend i18n features .
Internationalization for Drupal 6 is the previous stable release of the module. Though it will be maintained and get bug fixes, don't expect new features for it. This is the documentation for the 6.x version: Internationalization 6.x handbook.
If you want to speed up maintenance bug fixes for this version you can a) Write unit tests or b) Apply to become a maintainer or c) Help cleaning up the 6.x issue tracker. (Just whinning on the issue tracker will actually slow down maintenance).
The module development and documentation for Drupal 6 has been sponsored by Development Seed
Support and customizations
The module author provides paid development and consulting services. Contact Jose Reyero.
Or you can support this module by tipping on Gittip!