Open Atrium is an intranet in a box that has group spaces to allow different teams to have their own conversations and collaboration.
Open Atrium 2.x for Drupal 7
A new architecture for Drupal 7 that is built upon Panopoly and intended as an extensible collaboration framework. Adds the ability to have private "sections" within a collaboration space with granular access control. Drag/drop layout control with dozens of widgets that can be placed on dashboards and landing pages. Comes with Discussions, Events, Issue tracking, and Document Wiki out of the box, along with the dashboards to manage it all.
Please use the Issue Queue to post bug reports and patches for OA2 only (not OA1). NOTE:
The following webinar videos for OA2 Alpha are available:
- General Open Atrium 2 Webinar/demo, (59m) May 15th 2013
- Open Atrium Developers Demo #1, General introduction and demo, focus on terminology. (48m) April 19th, 2013.
- Open Atrium Developers Demo #2, Focus on Access control and Data Privacy. (38m), April 26th, 2013.
- Open Atrium Developers Demo #3, Focus on SubSpaces, Menu system, Discussion plugin. (53m), May 3rd, 2013.
- Open Atrium Developers Demo #4, Focus on Members Admin UI, Events and Calendar, Command Buttons. (61m), June 14th, 2013.
- Open Atrium Beta Preview, An overview of Open Atrium 2 at its initial Beta release. (69m), July 13th, 2013.
- Open Atrium Beta Q & A, A Q&A session with the community. (80m), Aug 9th, 2013.
- Drupal Association Extending Open Atrium, demo of adding a plugin to OA2 without coding. (63m), Aug 22nd, 2013.
- Open Atrium 2.1x, Latest Features!, Focus on customizing colors, banners, menus and other newer stuff. (67m), Dec 11th, 2013.
Open Atrium 2.x Projects
These modules are part of the official Open Atrium project and are actively maintained and approved. They allow Drupal 7 sites to add OA2 functionality without using the full installation profile. Note that all of these modules will require the oa_core module. Modules marked in (*) are not included in the default distribution but can be downloaded and installed separately to add functionality.
- Open Atrium Core - core module required by all others.
- Open Atrium Discussion
- Open Atrium Wiki
- Open Atrium Events
- Open Atrium Events Import
- Open Atrium Work tracker
- Open Atrium Notifications
- Open Atrium Subspaces
- Open Atrium Media
- Open Atrium Contextual Tabs
- Open Atrium Radix - default base theme
- (*) Open Atrium Mailhandler
- (*) Open Atrium LDAP for LDAP/AD integration.
Other Modules that work with Open Atrium 2.x
These modules are not tested, supported, nor recommended by the OA2 Core maintainers but are listed here as a courtesy to the community who might be interested in other work being done related to Open Atrium 2. To be listed, your module should work with the latest release of OA2, be a real Project (not Sandbox), and have at least an Alpha release. Contact the maintainers to get listed here.
- Ginkgo theme from OA1 ported to OA2
- Organic Groups Theme for having a different theme on each Space.
- Contextual Help for an alternative to the OA Tours for adding contextual help to a site.
In addition to the normal Drupal 7 requirements, you should ensure your PHP memory_limit is set to at least 256M and your MySQL max_allowed_packet is at least 32M. See the Documentation for help installing.
Open Atrium 1.x for Drupal 6
It comes with six features - a blog, a wiki, a calendar, a to do list, a shoutbox, and a dashboard to manage it all. OA 1.x is not available for Drupal 7 and no direct upgrade is available, although most content can be migrated via the Migrate module. Only security updates are being applied to v1.x. No new features.
Do NOT use the Issue Queue for OA 1.x issues. Any D6 issues will be removed.
Community.openatrium.com is the place for users of Open Atrium 1.x to build documentation and work on issues together. We're eating our own dog food: this site is powered by Open Atrium.