Panopoly is powerful base distribution of Drupal powered by lots of Chaos Tools and Panels magic. The distribution is designed to be both a general foundation for site building and a base framework upon which to build other Drupal distributions (see Drupalcon Portland video) or check out some of its key features (see full list):
- Panels Powered - Woven together functionality from Panels, the Panels In-Place-Editor, Fieldable Panel Panes, PM Existing Pages, Panelizer and a lot of extra special sauce.
- Responsive - Over two dozen cross-browser, responsive layouts and several responsive image styles are included to aid in site building and allow your site to work seamlessly on mobile devices.
- In-Place Page Building - Drag and drop customization of pages and nodes. Easily switch layouts, modify Views and Panels settings, change styles, and add generic widgets to display text, images, links, maps, submenus, video and spotlights across your site. No backend administration required!
- Admin Experience - Vastly improved site and content management experience, featuring a redesigned node add/edit page and a fully loaded, media enabled TinyMCE WYSIWYG.
- Apps Powered - Panopoly can be extended through various Panopoly Apps delivered by the Panopoly App server.
To make everything happen, Panopoly bundles a currated set of contributed modules and third party libraries with its own custom modules including Panopoly Admin, Panopoly Core, Panopoly Images, Panopoly Magic, Panopoly Pages, Panopoly Search, Panopoly Theme, Panopoly Users, Panopoly Widgets, and Panopoly WYSIWYG.
If you want to install Panopoly...
- Try on Pantheon - Panopoly is free to try on Pantheon using the Panopoly one click Drupal distribution installer. Check out our documentation for installing Panopoly on Pantheon.
- Download and Install - Panopoly is fully packaged by Drupal.org and can be downloaded and installed on your own server similar to Drupal core.
- Install on an Existing Site - Panopoly can be installed on an existing site by installing the proper dependencies and apps. Check out our documentation on installing Panopoly on an existing site for more information.
If you want to develop with Panopoly...
- Developing Sites - If you want to develop a site with Panopoly check out our documentation for site builders and developers.
- Developing Distributions - If you want to develop a Drupal distribution with Panopoly, check out our documentation on using Panopoly as a base distribution.
- Using the Latest Development Version - If you want to run the latest development version of Panopoly, follow the directions on our documentation for running a development version of Panopoly.
Major Public Distributions Using Panopoly
See more here: Distributions and sites using Panopoly
Panopoly Release Roadmap
This distribution is supported by Pantheon Systems as a way to make Drupal easier to use and to spread the Panels magic to the wider Drupal community and beyond.