Update: Development has resumed with new co-maintainers! Stay tuned for new releases!
Zentropy is a flexible, highly-optimized and Responsive HTML5 Base Theme which attempts to bring the best of a couple worlds together:
- Full HTML5 markup, including ARIA roles
- Mobile-friendly, responsive approach
- Highly optimized, building on established techniques
- Built by themers, for themers
- WCAG 2.0 level AA compliance
- Holy Grail layout (no grids™)
- Nice Drush integration
It includes efficient, resetted, layout-driven CSS and markup that is acessible, search engine optimized and doesn't get in your way.
Try it out, you will find it a joy to use Zentropy!
Read more: Zentropy Handbook
- It converts the core template files to HTML5 markup (based on Boron - all credit to Scott Vandehey (spaceninja) of Metal Toad Media)
- It adds useful features from the classic Zen, Basic, 965 and Sasson themes.
- It attempts to be as mobile-friendly as possible, borrowing from both Paul Irish's Mobile Boilerplate as well as Andy Clarke's 320 and Up
- It is responsive! Borrowing from the Responsive HTML5 Boilerplate theme and 320 and Up, implementing media queries for progressively larger screens
- It is clean! Borrowing from the Easy Clean theme
- It is accessible! Borrowing from AdaptiveTheme
- Has amazing Drush support!
- It includes an HTML5-friendly CSS Reset & other best practices from Paul Irish's HTML5 Boilerplate
- Supports both Zen Tabs and Floating Tabs™
- Includes optional Ajax start/stop load functions
- Includes optional Form Quickstart styles and Hover Tooltips™
- We don't manipulate the DOM's natural source order. We go with the flow and make it work!
- It also features a bunch of other goodies thrown in: more regions, extra settings, extensibility via components and all sorts of awesomeness!
How many release candidates are we going to have before 7.x-2.0 stable?
Simply put: as many as we need!
The theme is pretty stable as is but might not quite there yet (although many have been using it in production with great results). Please help test it and file issues to make this a SOLID release! Thanks!
These are the issues blocking a 7.x-2.0 release
The maintainers provide consulting services and paid development, e.g. for implementing a specific feature. Help improving the theme and get in contact!