- Drupal contributions
I am CEO/Co-Founder of Pingv. We do strategy, design and Drupal implementation for enterprise clients in publishing, arts and education.
I've been working with Drupal and been part of the Drupal community since 2004 (my original account is in the 14000 range) and providing Drupal consultation to clients since 2005. I'm creator/maintainer of Square Grid theme and Floater theme, and maintainer of the Drupal 7 branch of the Mobile theme. On Drupal.org, I'm a site maintainer, documentation writer/editor, I've submitted patch(es). on Groups.Drupal.org, I'm a site moderator, and admin for several groups. I also do my best to answer questions people ask in the forums and, when I'm online and paying attention, on IRC. I occasionally participate in Drupal Stackexchange.
I am on the Drupal Association Advisory Board, after serving on the Board of Directors and as a Permanent Member of the Drupal Association General Assembly.
I have presented on Drupal theming, design, project management, and other topics at numerous Drupal events, including BADCamp 2012, DrupalCon San Francisco, DrupalCon Paris, DrupalCon Boston, DrupalCamp Colorado 2009, Drupal Design Camp Los Angeles 2011, and OSCMS 2007.
Our Pingv team maintains dozens of contributed modules and themes. I am a site architect, themer and designer. My previous company, pingVision LLC, provided expert Drupal software services, sponsored many Drupal events, and hosted Drupal meetups for 3 years.
- Roles in working with Drupal
- Site Builder, Architect, Themer, Project Manager, Creative Director, Interaction Designer, User Experience, Front-end Developer
- I contributed Drupal patches
- I contributed Drupal modules
- I contributed Drupal themes
- I contributed to Drupal issue queues
- I contributed Drupal documentation
- I reviewed Project applications
- I help in the Drupal support forums
- I provide Drupal-related services
- I give support on IRC
- I help mentor new contributors
- I attended DrupalCon Portland 2013
- I attended DrupalCon Denver 2012
- I attended DrupalCon Prague 2013
- I will attend DrupalCon Austin 2014
- I will attend DrupalCon Amsterdam 2014
- I attended DrupalCon Chicago 2011
- I attended DrupalCon San Francisco 2010
- I attended DrupalCon Barcelona 2007
- I attended DrupalCon Boston 2008
- I attended DrupalCon DC 2009
- I attended DrupalCon Paris 2009
- I attended OSCMS 2007, Sunnyvale
- Full name
- Laura Scott
- First or given name
- Last name or surname
- Languages spoken
- My website
- cooking, recumbent bicycles, social media, design, motorsports, movies, music
- United States
- IRC nick
- LinkedIn profile
- Facebook page
- Twitter url
- Google profile URL
- Drupal Answers profile url
Laura Scott, co-founder of Pingv, has been designing websites since 1995. In the technical realm, she has guided web development for clients ranging from Scripps and BMW to UCSB and California Watch. As designer and themer, Laura created award-winning websites for BlogHer, Stanford Law School and several online community sites.
Laura has presented on design, theming and project management at several conferences, including:
- BlogHer — Deeply Geeky: Women in Technology
- OSCMS — Drupal Theming
- DrupalCon Boston — Popular Science Case Study, Project Management, Hiring Drupal Talent
- DrupalCamp Colorado — Functional Interaction Design
- DrupalCon Paris — Functional Interaction Design, Agile Project Management
- DrupalCon San Francisco — Grok Drupal (7) Theming
- BADCamp 2012 – HTML5 Now!
In 2008, Laura was elected to the Drupal Association General Assembly; in March 2010 she was elected to the Drupal Association Board of Directors. She now serves on the Drupal Association Advisory Board.
Laura has also produced, directed and edited television programming, movie trailers and online videos, including What is Drupal?, which has won numerous awards.
- Job title
- CEO + Co-Founder
- Current company or organization
- Industries worked in
- web development, web hosting, web design, DVD authoring, television, print, training, marketing, graphic design
- Companies worked for
- PINGV, pingVision, pingV, freelance
- Member for
- 9 years 2 weeks
- Over 50 edits