To get an overview of the fields a node type contains, click on the toolbar Structure, Content types, and the link Manage fields for the node type you wish to inspect. The overview page for fields allows a number of operations (see figure 6.1). Here you will find that:
- You may change the order of the fields by clicking and dragging the sorting arrow for each field. This order is reflected on the node edit form and, unless it is set otherwise, also on the node view page.
- You may edit the settings for each field by clicking its edit link.
- You may change a field's type by clicking the field type name. (This can only be done if nothing has yet been stored in the field, since it might otherwise destroy user-inputted data.)
- Each field may be deleted. This also deletes any data stored in the field.
- The widget used for data input may be changed by clicking on the widget name for the relevant field.
- New fields may be added.
- Fields used on other entities may be reused as an alternative to adding new fields; however it is usually better to create a new field as explained in the section on reusing fields.
Below is a more detailed description of these operations.
Figure 5.1: The node type ”Article” has a number of fields which you can edit and reorder.
|05.1 Article.png||117.53 KB|