- Download the timeline module
- Download dependencies: Views
- Activate the module in admin/build/modules
- Visit admin/settings/timeline (Drupal6) or admin/config/services/timeline (Drupal7) to configure general timeline settings.
There is a standard view provided by the module: timeline/nodes
This shows all (published) nodes by their post date on the timeline view.
Installing the timeline locally
The timeline module works "out of the box" including the timeline library externally from the SIMILE servers. If you really want you can install them locally:
- Download the libraries module
- Download the timeline libraries:
- The easiest way to install the timeline module locally on your server is to download a prepackaged and patched version from http://github.com/xamanu/SIMILE-Timeline-libraries/tree/master (press download button)
- Or you can check out via Subversion the original files from the SIMILE servers:
svn export http://simile-widgets.googlecode.com/svn/timeline/tags/2.3.0/src/webapp/api timeline_js
svn export http://simile-widgets.googlecode.com/svn/ajax/tags/2.0-on-static-simile/... timeline_ajax
(Please note that you might want to patch the simile-ajax-bundle.js, see known issues in the INSTALL.TXT)
You'll need to create the folder in sites/all/libraries/simile_timeline and both of the timeline libraries (timeline_js and timeline_ajax) must be placed inside.
- Now you can install and activate the libraries module.
- When you visit Drupal 6 admin/settings/timeline or Drupal 7 admin/config/services/timeline you'll be able to select "Local folder" on the "location of Simile Timeline libraries" settings. If there is a problem please read the note beyond this setting.