- Drupal contributions
A block with a link to the current page, providing an easy way for visitors to embed deep links on their website to your pages.
The URL contains the node or term ID instead of the alias, so the link won't break if the title changes. Hence the term 'permalink'.
A block showing the Google PageRank of the site (e.g. PageRank 3).
A CSS and template file are provided to tweak the style and output.
A block showing the uptime ratio (e.g. 99,98%).
Website statistics are only complete with uptime information. It shows you care about server performance and makes you look more trustworthy for potential customers.
A text format filter that floats images automatically, alternating them left and right. A time-saver when inserting images in the text.
Flickr (most active maintainer)
Access photos on Flickr's site via their API. The module provides a filter for inserting photos and photosets and allows the creation of blocks for rendering a user's recent photos and photosets.
Patches & Code Snippets
- Block to encourage deep linking to your site (extended version).
- Auto update to the current year in the copyright footer (© 2010-2013).
- Modifying Flippy (a pager module) to increase theming options.
- Flippy: Remove hardcoded label arrows.
- Feeds Tamper: Plugin, Language String to ISO code. RTBC.
- Link Favicon Formatter: Added a PHP icon scrapper. Committed..
- Flickr: Adds some more image sizes. Committed.
- Flickr: Colorbox integration. Committed.
- Flickr: Filter default size. Committed.
- Custom filter: Anchorize subtitles.
- How to use multiple FB Share buttons in one View.
- Put a FB Share button on a user profile.
- Put a FB Share button on a Panel template.
- Domain Variable: Created initial docs.
- How to set up Web Widgets in Views.
- Domain Access: Related contributed modules.
Tricks and tips
- Alternatives for Flickr Rippr module in D7.
- Recommendation for reviewed sandbox projects that turned into a full project.
- Views Distinct: A Views configuration method that accomplishes the same as the module in many cases.
- Cheering up after reporting a duplicate (application review).
- Cheering up a stalled application review.
- Giving some advise concerning application review.
Other contributing, not mentioned above, consists of reporting spam and getting issues from "Needs review" to "Reviewed & tested by the community" status. It's essential that contributors of patches and project applications see their efforts are noticed.
Above section shows that contributing is possible in a lot of ways. It's also a personal archive (sifting through the "track posts" list is cumbersome).
- My mentors
- Roles in working with Drupal
- Site builder, Developer
- I contributed Drupal patches
- I contributed Drupal modules
- I contributed Drupal documentation
- I reviewed Project applications
- I provide Drupal-related services
- Full name
- Martinus Postma
- Languages spoken
- Dutch; English; German; Italian
- My website
- Facebook page
- Job title
- Freelance website builder and scuba diving instructor
- Over 50 edits
- Member for
- 5 years 25 weeks