This module provides API integration with the Twitter microblogging service. Out of the box, it allows users to:
- Associate one or more Twitter accounts with their Drupal user account.
- List tweets in different ways thanks to Views.
- Post to their own Twitter account or a site-wide Twitter account whenever they create new content or based on Drupal Actions or Rules.
- Log in to your Drupal site via Twitter.
- Format twitter @usernames and #hashtags as links to Twitter.com.
Twitter requires OAuth to connect with the Twitter API. The last versions without this requirement are 7.x-3.x or 6.x-3.x, but they are not expected to work.
Various issues have been reported regarding support for large integers (the "Twitpocalypse" bug, where Twitter IDs exceeded the available values for integers on 32-bit architecture). If you are still hosting on older versions of PHP or a 32-bit server, consider contributing towards ongoing support. Search for "twitpocalypse".